Friday, January 13, 2006

Monk's Mood

I woke up yesterday morning from a long winter's nap and found myself smack dab in the middle of Monk's Mood. I knew it by the beat in my head and the tapping of my foot. The funky mood of monk. So there I was, light of mind and empty of soul, and it found me waiting and willing to be filled with it. And it felt strange, like Halloween in April, and in the beginning I felt calm, serene, a little forlorn perhaps, and then there was something more bubbling up from my tummy. I'm free brother - that was it - a sense of freedom, cut loose, set free from worldly pain and the hurt, I was released, a golden balloon tossed into the wind and rising upward toward outer space, toward the edge of the galaxy. And beyond that, the final leap, the eternal pool of bliss.

And the beat in my head led me to the clearing in my brain and I saw it, I caught a fleeting glimpse of it, the King of Lights, drifting in that pool of bliss, I knew it all, for damn sure. Like an invisible wire, a radiowave, connecting my brain to my heart, the electric soul, I hummed with the coming knowledge, I sniffed the divine reflection, I tasted the sweet truth.

I was filled with it. All.

And with the snap of the mystic's fingers I fell out of it, fell back into my self, the slap of the baby's butt and the first new breath, immediately longing for another surprise descension of the ever-evasive Monk's Mood.

No comments: