Thursday, October 20, 2005

Cerebral Hemorrhoid

I'm signed up for the National Novel Writing Month deal beginning November 1st. You're supposed to write 170 pages or about 50,000 words in thirty days. So that breaks down to just over 1500 words a day. I ought to be able to handle that.

It's all about quantity over quality. Don't worry about how good your novel is... just write! Not a bad idea at all, especially in order to help create a better writing work ethic.

I had planned on writing a story called The Lost Child. A story of one inter-generational family dealing with both Vietnam and Iraq. I've got some good ideas about it.

But then just the other day as I was picking up my laundry the title Cerebral Hemorrhoid popped into my head... my brain must be skewed by the TC Boyle collection I'm currently reading.

So I'm not sure which way I'll go just yet. CH might be easier, just spew whatever comes out with no predetermined direction. Yeah... that's the ticket!

No comments: