Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Race For The Cure


Nicholas is responding very well to treatment. He had a cat scan a few weeks back and the tumor in his chest has decreased in size almost 50% and is now of low density. Also the spots in his neck have resolved (they're gone!). So as far as I'm concerned he's well on his way back to perfect health!

On Saturday, October 14th, I decided to participate in the annual Race For The Cure 5K in Bricktown. What a mob of people! Over 10,000! Imagine my surprise to find this picture at the Oklahoman web site featuring a runner moving so fast the lens had no possible chance to capture the image without the blur.

What a beautiful day for a run. I really enjoyed it and am glad to be back running after a more than six months hiatus. To be honest, it was emotional at the start of the race when they released the doves to honor those lost to cancer. I was glad I had my sunglasses on.

No comments: