Saturday, July 23, 2005

Hot As Hell & Highpointin'!

It's one of those summers... hot hot hot! The pool has been getting daily useage and the AC units are maxed out. And yet still I sweat.

I'm sweating now.

On Wednesday, the 20th of July, Nick, Ben, and I got a wild hair and journeyed to the Arkansas Ozarks and trekked to the top of Mount Magazine. Well, it wasn't much of a trek as we drove up the lion's share of the way and then found the Signal Hill trailhead. From there it took us about an hour to complete the round trip. It was a pleasant richly foliated hike with insects buzzing about as we trudged through the woods up towards a clearing on the plateau-like peak. Not much of a view from there but a very nice resting spot all the same.

So two down... forty-eight more to go. I may not make them all but it's something to shoot for. Who knows, maybe I can snag MA when we head to Boston next month.

For more information: HighPointers

Oh... and as for The Ruminator. True to its name its writer continues to ruminate. Not completed and I haven't really even looked at it in a month. Maybe I'll get a blast of energytivity and complete it in one fell swoop. However, I have worked a little on Baked Plain. That is where my attention must go right now as I need to finish it asap!

No comments: